*~* Recycle *~*
- All of our empty fragrance bottles are put into our weekly recycling pick up bins.
- Used glass jars. Many customers have asked us to refill used candle jars at a discount. While we would love to accommodate your requests, but because we care, we choose not to. The repeated heating and cooling the glass jar goes through during the burning process weakens the integrity of the jar. Over time, this could lead to the glass cracking and breaking during burning, making a horrible mess or worse, causing a fire. When you burn a candle in a recycled jar you have no idea how many times it may have been refilled nor used in burning. Since we care about the safety of our customers, AbundaScents will not offer this service and encourages you to give your glass jars to the local recycling facility or use them around your house to hold buttons, cotton balls, etc. We do offer a money saving alternative, just join our frequent customer club (for use in our retail store) or our mailing list (for online only sales and discounts)! Both are safe and FREE!
- We support suppliers who have their own green initiatives in place. It is very important to us to purchase from other companies that support preserving this great planet.
*~* Reduce *~*
- Over the past few years we have streamlined our process of making our products. This reduces the amount of time that we have our melter and other equipment turned on.
- We have replaced all of the light bulbs in our workshop (and our entire home for that matter) to the Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs that are more efficient.
*~* Reuse *~*
- Shipping cartons - Anyone that has ever ordered from us online knows we reuse all of our shipping boxes that we receive supplies in. It is wasteful to throw them away and wasteful to purchase "special boxes" just for sending out orders. It also eliminated the need for us to add one of those annoying "handling" charges to every order...therefore SAVING YOU MONEY. Let's face it, do you really care about the box or the YUMMY AbundaScents goodies that are inside? In 10 years, we have never had a complaint!
- Packing materials (peanuts, bubble wrap, paper filler, etc.) is all reused from our supply shipments. We even have friends and family members save these items for us rather than throwing them in the trash can.